Mittwoch, 3. Februar 2010

vServer troubles

me: Hi, my vServer has been shut down. Could please start it again?
Support: You were running tor. This is not permitted.
me: I only found paragraphs about IRC. Where is tor mentioned?
Support: In the AGB.
me: I made a copy of the contract and it only says IRC servers are forbidden.
Support: Another machine has been hacked from your tor server.
That was the reason we took you offline. We will sue you.
me: My tor is configured as relay only, its not an exit node. Therefor no hacks are possible.
Support: I won't discuss that any further. Please send an email to support@ ......

Bottom line is my vServer is up again, nobody has been hacked, and nobody will sue me ;)

Kommentare:

rkennke hat gesagt…

And is it still running Tor? ;-)

Linuxhippy hat gesagt…

Sure :P